Apr 11, 2019

10 Supernatural K-dramas That Will Put You On The Edge!



The people have spoken! 
I asked you guys on facebook what drama recommendations you wanted to see next (which if you aren’t following me yet, why not? I’m a fun person!) And Korean dramas it is. Due to life getting busy, I feel that I’ve fallen behind and am currently playing catch up with the newer dramas, so today I thought I would mention a current trend I’m seeing in Kdramaworld.

What is it? 

Supernatural thrillers.

After Save Me came, blew our minds, and left us hanging, I’ve been noticing an increase in religious and supernatural dramas. Usually, I hate when everyone decides to hop aboard the troupe train, but the use of supernatural, and religion to make a horror, thriller plot is so unique I couldn’t help but buy a first class ticket! Some of them were just straight disappointing (*cough*The ghost detective*cough*) but luckily there were quite a few saviors! 
===================================================================================
~ Save Me ~


As mentioned in the intro, this is the show that started us off. It isn’t a plot that hasn’t been done before, but this is the first time we’ve seen in a drama format instead of a movie. The vibe of this show is eerie and creepy. You can never anticipate what is about to happen because the show has a way of surprising you every episode. This is a must-MUST watch!

===================================================================================


~ Fiery Priest ~


Currently airing and can we just talk about Kim Nam Gil’s visuals? How can a religious figure look so sexy, Innocent, and badass just by walking down the street? He pulls off his character well, and after hearing how he injured himself multiple times on set just so he could perform his own stunts had me offering him my heart. The plot is the usual story of the rich, corrupt political figures controlling the lives of the citizens. It’s not something we haven’t seen done many times before (falsify, mad dogs, argon, stranger) but the adorable cast of villains and humorous heroes make it just a little different from the others.

===================================================================================

~ The Guest ~

The best show of 2018! Hands down, no argument! 
I was surprised to see how many people didn’t know about this show, or just turned a blind eye, because this show is a hidden gem. The cast wasn’t filled with any big names, but they were perfect! This story wasn’t scary in the general sense of things jumping out, and sudden loud noises. Nope. This story weaved a haunting complex plot of about a demonic being that existed in everyday life. I wouldn’t recommend watching this drama at night (or at least not alone). 
On a side note, it’s strange how Kim Jae Wook stunned all of us in his role as a cursed priest, and now his next role is with Park Min Young in a romantic comedy. It will take a little adjusting to.

===================================================================================

~ Possessed ~

Another underrated drama! Have you heard of it? 
I feel like the only people watching this drama are the ones with Netflix subscriptions (like me!). Otherwise, nobody knows about it. Another show filled with smaller names, but this cast is amazing none the less. It’s amazing how you can be laughing one moment, and hiding behind a pillow the next. The plot manages to tell an addicting tale of a horrible detective, a psychic and their funny, scary, investigations. 

===================================================================================

~ Priest ~
Upcoming Medical Exorcism Drama “Priest” Unveils Main Posters
I’m currently on episode 3 of this drama, and I can’t put it down! 
WARNING if you plan on picking up this show, make sure you have time to binge watch it. There is no other way.
So let's go ahead and air my dirty laundry. I love Yeon Woo Jin. I have loved him since I saw him in Kara: Secret Love (raise your hand if you watched it!) and I fell more in love with him after watching My Shy Boss (yeah, unlike half of the kdrama community I loved that show and I’ve re-watched it many times. Got a problem?). Since I’m still watching it I can’t say if this drama will become a new favorite but at the moment it is a solid 10/10! Right now it has a similar vibe to The Guest, and I am drooling over it. The plot is keeping me on edge right now, and I can’t wait to find out what happens next. So let me hop back to it~

===================================================================================

Are there any supernatural thrillers that you can recommend? Let me know if you are currently watching any of these dramas, and what you think about them! 
Until next time! Peace! 

Post a Comment